sE Electronics sE8 VE (Pair)
Probably the lowest self noice small-capsuled microphones on the planet. Matched Pair - Vintage Edition
Fit for any challenges in the studio or on stage, the sE8-VE is a brand new high-performance handcrafted small-diaphragm condenser, fresh from the labs at sE.
Its new hand-made capsule implements a sophisticated backplate design that provides a perfectly balanced sound, so it's never harsh or aggressive - perfect for sources like high-hats and drum overheads.
It's also one of the quietest small-capsule mics on the planet - and with the highest dynamic range and SPL handling in its class, along with attenuation pads and low-cut filters for superb flexibility, the sE8-VE is ready for any sounds you’re making, whether in the studio environment or demanding on-stage applications.
As with all SE factory-matched pairs, every mic ending up in a sE8-VE Stereo Pair configuration is hand-selected from hundreds of individual microphones. This ensures identical performance and the highest possible mic-to-mic consistency, so you can rest assured that your stereo image will be as clear & accurate as possible.
HANDCRAFTED TRUE CONDENSER CAPSULE
- Gold-sputtered diaphragms ensure maximum reliability
- every capsule is handcrafted and individually tuned in our very own factory
- ultra-precision electrode design optimized for superb linearity and natural sonics
- ultra-thin 3 micron gold-sputtered diaphragm for superior transients
- newly-developed backplate design provides smooth, natural sound & truly consistent off-axis response
- sophisticated acoustic design with precision components
- avoids coloration in demanding applications
THE QUIETEST PENCIL MIC IN ITS CLASS
- sophisticated electronic design provides extremely low noise without the use of integrated circuits
- transformer less design for excellent transparency and clarity
- proven Class-A circuitry ensures a high dynamic range without distortion and brilliant transient response
TWO SWITCHABLE PRE-ATTENUATION PADS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for brass instruments, snare drums, and more.
TWO SWITCHABLE LOW-CUT FILTERS
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
ALL-METAL HOUSING WITH GOLD-PLATED XLR CONNECTOR, PREMIUM FINISH & ACCESSORIES
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some small-capsule microphones, the sE8-VE's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish and gold-plated XLR connector ensures a great look and a loss-free, reliable signal connection for years to come. The sE8-VE also comes standard with a newly-designed mic clip that will securely attach it to any mic stand.
The sE8-VE Matched Pair comes complete with a precision stereo mounting bar, two protective wind screens, two mic clips, and a robust high-quality metal flight case.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted Small-Diaphragm True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 25 mV/Pa (-32 dBV)
- Max SPL: 139 / 149 / 159 dBSPL (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 13 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 126 / 136 / 146 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 81 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 110 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 2.7 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 23mm (0.91 in), Length 120mm (4.72 in)
- Weight: 141 g