Richwood D-40L Western Guitar
Handmade lefthanded dreadnought guitar, solid spruce & mahogany, gloss finish
Richwood Master Series are all handmade acoustic guitars, made of premium selected tonewoods, professionally set-up before packing.
Our D-40 guitar is built from the same wood combination as the D-20. The appointments are a bit more luxurious and the sound however is tighter and more focussed due to the gloss lacquer. The effect of satin of gloss lacquer is very clear in this comparison. Where the D-20 is light sounding, the D-40 has more focus and has a high register that has more body.
The traditional dreadnought shape is perfect for strumming or any flatpicking techniques. The big body can be driven perfectly with a pick. The sound will have a lot of low-end that carries well. Of course you can play fingerstyle on a dreadnought, but if you play fingerstyle solely, we recommend our A or P models. The solid sitka spruce top and the mahogany sides and back sound lively and light with a more focussed sound than our D-20 guitar. Try one and we’re sure you have found a partner for years to come.
The technical and aesthetical advanced features include bone fittings, a double action trussrod, voluted headstock joint, cotton capped X-braces, mahogany back braces, high grade Derjung machine heads, USA D'Addario EXP16 coated phosphor bronze strings.
- body shape : dreadnought lefthand
- bracing design : X scalloped, with mahogany back braces
- scale length: 650 mm
- nut width : 43,6 mm
- body length : 500 mm
- lower bout width: 405 mm
- body thickness : 96/120 mm
- top material: solid A grade Sitka spruce
- back & side material : laminated mahogany
- neck material : Indonesian mahogany
- fingerboard material : Indian rosewood
- fingerboard binding material : Indian rosewood
- fingerboard radius : 14"
- bridge material : Indian rosewood
- top color : natural
- body finishing : glossy
- neck finish : satin
- rosette : 3 rings black & ivory
- top purfling : 3-ply
- side binding : black
- back binding : black
- trussrod : active two-way
- top position dots : 7 mm + 5 mm white pearl shell
- side position dots : 2 mm white pearl shell
- frets : 2.4*1.1 mm 18% nickel silver
- nut & saddle material : genuine bone
- machine heads : Derjung Deluxe chrome
- strings : D'Addario EXP-16
- bridge pins : black color, white core
- pickguard : imported 129 black D
- strap button : chrome
- extra : additional genuine bone saddle and 1 x saddle underlayment